- Primed and painted it by hand (didn't spray paint).
- Used all materials that I had on hand.
- Actually painted contact paper and cut into decals before applying to the case.
- Coated it all in ModPodge and then an acrylic sealer.
- Painted the hardware.
- Covered the handle with painted contact paper. (yeah, weird).
- Skipped the "touching up" phase - it's sitting on top of the fridge to hold medicines and it's fine.
Some things I'll do different next time:
- Try to use spray paint so that I don't have unsightly brush strokes - OR - cover the whole thing with contact paper and mod podge - only painting the trim.
- Buy the color of contact paper that I need - painting it actually worked... but kind of a pain.
- Probably just leave the hardware alone. And the handle.
This little dudes are heavy too... so my visions of actually traveling with one may not actually happen. But - it does look cute sitting around the house, no?
Linking up to Metamorphosis Monday! Check her out!